All UK local authorities have been tasked with reviewing their local air quality to assess whether it will meet UK government (and European) targets for future years.
A first round of review and assessment has already been completed, with reports being required at Stages 1, 2 or 3 depending on the levels of air pollution recorded and predicted in each local authority. If targets were not expected to be met then further assessment and Stage 4 had to be carried out followed by development of an Action Plan to improve air quality. These assessments were expected to be compiled with full public consultation and collaboration with the Environment Agency and significant local polluters.
A second round of Review and Assessment is now underway to determine how much progress has been made towards meeting objectives.
The following documents are available to download from this website:
- A Continued investigation of Air Quality in the Vicinity of Heathrow Airport 01/11/2005 to 3/1/2007 (PDF)
- A Continued Investigation of Air Pollution in The Vicinity of Heathrow Airport (2 November 2004 to 1 November 2005) (PDF)
- British Airways - Heathrow Transect Survey 2004 (PDF)
- British Airways - Heathrow Transect Pilot Study (PDF)
- British Airways - Heathrow Transect Extended Survey (PDF)
- Air Pollution at Heathrow Airport: Annual Report for 2003 (PDF)
Documents and reports relating to local air quality and review and assessment can be found on the individual web pages of the Heathrow Airwatch consortium partners as follows. All links open in a new window.